“Kiss me, and you will see how important I am.” -Sylvia Plath
A dizzy adrenaline rush describes that natural euphoria off a first kiss.
It says everything about someone. The first kiss can tell you how someone will be in bed, how they’ll be as a partner, how they may feel about you at that moment, and it’s so good for your health.
The first kiss, a good first kiss, releases endorphins, increasing pain tolerance, giving you that, can’t get enough feeling.
It’s that just-met-butterflies when things are fresh, innocent and untainted by years of knowing one another.
It’s the beginning when anything seems possible. There’s the excitement of what the sex could be like, a hint at whether it’ll be rough if it’ll last all night, how many times he could make you cum. (Yes, all those thoughts run through her brain in a matter of seconds.)
“Just a light brush on them stimulates a very large part of the brain…. More expansive than would be activated by sexual stimulation below the belt,” Kirshenbaum writes.
Here are 5 Reasons Why Kissing is Good for You
- Exchanging saliva is good for your hygiene. Extra saliva actually helps clean teeth, but please don’t use this as an excuse to stop brushing.
- Kissing is a good workout. Not only do you burn an average of 2 calories a minute, a long make-out session works the muscles in your face. You can stop using that burger as a workout, now!
- Stressed out? No need to shell out for a spa day. Kissing lowers cortisol levels, released during stressed out times. Just stay in bed all day with someone.
- Feeling crazy or dating someone crazy? Kissing may provide a cure. The brain releases oxytocin, the “love hormone,” which contributes to feelings of relaxation, trust, and psychological stability. No wonder there are so many crazy exes out there—they’re not being kissed by you anymore.
- And lastly, your lips are filled with nerve endings, and are sensitive to every little touch, rapidly sending signals to your brain.
In the end, a good kiss wakes you up, makes you feel like, at this moment, life is just that good. So good, you can skip the chocolate, maybe.
Share your experience of your first kiss with us. If you want to share.
Till then Take Care! and kiss a lot!